The glory days (2005 to 2015)

This forum is intended for the discussion and sharing of information on the topic of British born and British-based female performers in hard-core adult films and related matters.
wilkinsnaps

The glory days (2005 to 2015)

Post by wilkinsnaps »

People like us feel a bit lost in this new world of OnlyFans models who sell iPhone selfies without even getting out of bed, instead of doing proper shoots with photographers.

It feels a long way from the glory days of UK adult modelling when new girls were so much more positive and enthused about the idea of being offered a shoot, and the earning potential it offered them.

In retrospect I was so fortunate to be shooting so actively during those times from about 2005 onwards. As a result, I have a very large collection of nude and adult content, shot largely with girls who were either completely new to modelling, or to shooting explicit stuff. My emphasis was always on natural, girl next door types, and it seemed at the time there were so many of them around, before tattoos and piercings started to take over.

They were great days. If you'd like to be reminded about them, email me for my Sale Catalogue:

wilkinsnaps@yahoo.co.uk

Paul
GlamourClub

Re: The glory days (2005 to 2015)

Post by GlamourClub »

I think the biggest problem with this 'new paradigm' is how difficult it is to even contact them in the first place. As I'm pretty sure plenty of these models wouldn't knock back another avenue of being paid.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe to even message a model on OF you have to buy a sub for their profile?
And there is no way I'm doing that when much of the time they probably won't even reply to you. If you can pay for an overall sub that lets you contact as many as you like that would be better but still annoying that you have to pay anything just to contact someone. I believe these dating sites/apps are similar (also not something I waste my time with).

I've also noticed with some of these models that also have Twitter profiles they state on their profile that you can't contact them there and they try to redirect you to the OF page.
wilkinsnaps

Post by wilkinsnaps »

And the associated problem is that a really pretty girl will now have anything up to 6 or 7 figure followers on their social media, so there's no way they will see any message. And clearly they aren't going to be on a modelling site, because why would they. It's a completely different world from the one I describe from before.
Devere

Post by Devere »

GC ...Sadly the revenue on offer has hardly changed since the 90s..Open leg 40-60 pH seemed about average ..Spoke to loads of models as regards that . For anything decent you'd need to be there half a day or full day . Obviously niche markets can increase earnings + you'd need to do a video shoot if it's for a content producer... Having more control of what gets out there is another plus for the model . If they can make money from there back bedroom fair play to them .. There's still the model sites out there with some models offering higher levels for private work - even those are getting fewer. Having worked with over 100+ models over many years the industry has changed enormously in the last ten years - some might say for the better given the earning potential & control rights the model has gained to a certain extent ...I honestly can't see it reverting back & looking at the current models available that change is indicative of that
wilkinsnaps

Post by wilkinsnaps »

Devere I fear you're right - though I'd love to be surprised and find things evolving differently!
wilkinsnaps

Post by wilkinsnaps »

They really were great days though. Ask me for my Sale Catalogue:

wilkinsnaps@yahoo.co.uk

Paul